A Yoga Routine to Realign Your Energy
Can you tell when you need to realign your good energy? Chances are that all of us Yogi Bears have felt like this before. You may feel a disconnection with yourself and the world. Perhaps life feels chaotic and 'all over the place. One of the reasons for this could be that your energy and chakras are misaligned. That's why we've listed a few poses that could help you realign your chakras and experience the good energy that yoga can bring.
What are Chakras (Good Energy)?
The word 'chakra' comes from Sanskrit and means' wheel' - and within Ancient Yoga practice, that's what they are. They are "spinning wheels" of body energy that run along the spine, and each chakra contributes to a part of our body. When these chakras are not balanced and need realigning, they may lead to adverse emotional and physical effects. Being conscious and knowledgeable about the chakras may help us feel more balanced and whole in many ways.
Good Energy From Yoga
Yoga works to transfer energy in your body even when you are not focusing on it - but if you know you need to work on aligning your energy and chakras, certain yoga poses can be incredibly helpful. Yoga is a great way to release dull energy from the body and encourage fresh, vital energy back in through postures and breath.
How to Realign Your Energy: 3 Poses
The Mountain Pose (Root Chakra)
The mountain pose is for the root chakra - this channels grounding and good energy from the earth, helping us feel more connected and grounded. If you need help realigning your good energy, you may experience imbalances in our physical body and a lower sense of security. When balanced, you may be more confident and have a better understanding of belonging.
- Stand with your feet slightly apart
- Ground yourself into the mat, pressing your feet firmly
- Relax your shoulders, tense your core and stretch the top of your head to the sky
- Bring your hands at heart centre
- Inhale and exhale, focus on the good energy and connection with the earth and sky
- Hold for as long as you feel and repeat three times
The Low Lunge Pose (Heart Chakra)
If you feel a loss of connection with others and a lack of self-love, there may be an imbalance of your heart chakra. It is where the love, compassion and kindness energies are empowered and good energy associated with health and helping. A right pose to keep this energy nourished is the Low Lunge; this pose invites our heart space to open and align our Heart Chakra energy.
- Begin with the Downward-Facing Dog pose
- Step your right foot forward, placed between your hands and lower your left knee to the ground
- Press your weight into your right foot to allow your hips stretch
- Reach your right hand to the sky and bring your left hand to your left leg
- As you do this, lift your chest and find a gentle backbend
- Hold for a few breaths, then slowly release
- Repeat on the opposite side
The Boat Pose (Solar Plexus Chakra)
If you're experiencing low self-esteem, lack of self-trust and increased anxiety - there may be an imbalance in your Solar Plexus Chakra. When balanced, we trust our authentic self, intuiting and emerging purpose in life. We take ownership of our choices, thoughts and beliefs. The following Boat Pose will activate your core and help balance the good energy from your Solar Plexus Chakra.
- Sit with your legs stretched in front of you, bent, so your feet lie flat on the ground
- Press your hands on the floor behind you, fingers pointing forward.
- While engaging your core, start to lean back and lift your feet off the floor
- Bend your knees, then lift your feet off the floor, so that the thighs are angled about 45-50 degrees
- Tense your legs together and lift your chest upward, keeping your spine straight
- Bring your arms to the sides of your shins, parallel to the floor.
- If you're stable here, slowly straighten the knees until you're shaped like a V
- Repeat three times
Get Your Paws On A Mat
Indulge in all the benefits of yoga and realign your energy with our Paws X- Enhanced Grip Longer and Wider Yoga Mat. With our unique and innovative Grip Technology, our mat will be the perfect base for absorbing your sweat busting moves and support you both physically and mentally.